There was an error in this gadget

Friday, August 3, 2012

My very first Blog!

Hi,
Well, I did it! With all the excitement I have found from learning about Whole Brain Teaching (WBT), I decided to start a blog. What Fun! I cannot wait to start school in T-minus 18 days. I have already started WBT in my summer school Jump Start class.  I am only using Class-Yes and the Scoreboard.  The class-yes has been amazing.  When I say "class" my summer school students snap to attention and say "yes". This is so exciting to see. My plans for the first part of the year include: Class-Yes, Teach-Ok, Scoreboard, the 5 rules, Mirror, and Power Pics.  I might even throw in a little Crazy Professor.  I hope by second semester I can incorporate the Super Improvers Wall.
Well, that's it for now, stayed tuned for more of my adventure in teaching with WBT.
Kathy :)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I started a teaching blog back in May and have just recently learned about WBT and started a page on my blog dedicated to WBT. I plan on doing the same things you are going to start. But I only have 7 days! Stop by sometime!
    Dana
    www.funin1stgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Blizzard! I love finding new WBT blogs! I replied to your comment on the WBT forum as well but I thought that I should send a blog comment your way too! I've added your blog to the WBT Blogger Master List so it is easily accessible by WBT users so definitely check it out and make sure all the info is accurate and current :)
    I recommend you add a followers widget to your blog so people can follow your blog and easily access your new posts.

    If you ever have any WBT and/or blogging questions feel free to ask!

    Miss L (WBT Blog Bug)
    Miss L’s Whole Brian Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am giving you a blog award! Go to my website and copy the award http://melstodd.blogspot.com/ and then follow these instructions:

    1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
    2. Include a link to their site.
    3. Include the award image in your post.
    4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
    5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
    6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
    7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.

    YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add a button so people can join your site :)

      Delete